It's been less than a year since the last user survey results for LANraragi -- I went and reread them and it's actually pretty cool to see everything that has been released since.
Here's a quick rundown of everything that landed between this last post and today's 0.7.0 release:
- Categories/Archive Sets, so you can finally bundle multiple archives in a named thingamabob, to track series, favorites, etc.
- The Docker image is now available on a ton of architectures, including of course ARM. It's smaller too!
- Reading progress and total page count is now shown on the main page.
- External reader support has grown consequently, with dedicated Windows/Android clients, a Tachiyomi extension and support for OPDS readers.
- Full support for PDF files.
- Support for webp and more image files, alongside the ability to dynamically resize images output by the server to save on bandwidth.
- A true Windows Installer instead of the ol' PowerShell script.
- A Homebrew version now exists to install the server on macOS and Linux with a simple command.
- High-resolution Thumbnails.
- Server-Side searching, using the same modifiers as E*H.
- Tag suggestions when searching.
- A much beefier Client API (although work on that side never quite ends..)
- Preview support for directly downloading E*H links to LRR.
And probably even more stuff I've forgotten about. 🎊
I think 0.7.0 is a bretty good release and hopefully, you'll think the same.
The next big ordeal is Downloader support since I finally got tired of downloading my zips manually and dropping them into the Web Uploader, but after that, I might be running out of ideas.
There's always work to be done, but now is a good time to refresh the User Survey!
I think the first one yielded some good results, so I'm opening it up once again in order to receive all your hatemail.
Thanks for reading! Be sure to like, subscribe, and give me all your money.
Please don't actually give me all your money